Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Lost in Placation


Well, that felt awful.
But at least we're back on the ground again, Cooper's eyeballs have stopped boiling, and we've started taking in the scenery. Things here are different. For one, people are friendlier. Immediately after appearing spontaneously from a plume of smoke, people started doing us favors. A young girl allowed me the use of her guard dog for the week (his name is Grapeseed), and I think Cooper may have charmed himself into half a handjob. We've also been offered the use of a kindly old man's guest quarters on the condition that we not use our horrible smoke-magic on him.
Which leads me to my next point: I have been stunned by the Chinese sense of humor. I was told by classmates and well-wishers that the Chinese just did not know how to tell a joke, but, to be honest, folks here are hilarious. And though we sometimes aren't sure what they're saying (that is, always unless they are talking about zhushiqi), their delivery is exquisite. We hope to learn what we can and grace you with even a fraction of their wit.

How was your day Coop?


(Also, clarification on the last post, I don't eat flank steak because I am a vegetarian. I was just, spacially speaking, flanking Cooper's steak.)

No comments: